Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2002, 09:02 AM   #1
Jimdandee

Good mornin boys,

This mornings cigar report is brought to you by the all new (well sort of) Cohiba XV...a lovely cigar by any stretch.

The size I chose this morning was the 660 Torp. This cigar is extremely well made...with a rock solid uniform roll..not a soft spot to be found. The wrapper is a very smooth veinless..almost flawless...medium brown with a little golden tinge to it. The draw on this torp was perfect. This is a cigar that delivers the XV just as stated...I think of this cigar as the one brand that's a heavy hitter (full flavored, full throttle, full bodied) loaded with ligero...that is not at all harsh. Not a trace of sharpness. The flavor profile on this cigar is outstanding....very complex, and wide ranging. The ash while nice and pure white is a tad on the flakey side...but I don't care about that at all. This cigar is imho..one of the best of the new crop of heavys....right up there in the same league as the best of the best in this group. I actually prefer it to the VSG...as I get more flavor from it than I do from my beloved VSGs. (Still get lumber from most VSGs I smoke) This is a cigar that has performed better for me after a two day stint in a dry box...really brings out all the stuffing from this cigar. What a way to start a LONG 4 day weekend...yiiiiiiihaaaaaaa. Happy Friday fellas.