Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
Maccabee

IPCPR: Aladin 1947 Julio R. Eiroa

6x46
Pre-light: seems to be veiny and the feel is a tad toothy. The aroma reminded me of a barn. Hay,wood, leather.
It cut easy enough no unravling. It lit almost instantly.
Post-light: the barn tones continued. This is not a bad thing. I also picked up some cashew notes. The retro was very nice and brought out a creme note.
This was a brown wrapper, not to dark.
I would consider this a mild to medium strength and medium body. A good morning smoke. The burn remained even the entire smoke. The label was nice enough to get my attention but not outlandish. A simple brown and yellow and silver. I'm giving this a 35 based on the cw rating. I took points for the veins, and overall quality and flavor only because it was not very complex or impressive. It's a good smoke and a consistent smoke but it left me thinking "ok is that it?" I could see this as a morning smoke or yard dog or one I take out for visitors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote