Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 03-31-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
N8DCJ
Club Member

Stainless Steel Cookware

ok , my Calphalon non-stick has been basically worn out over the last 10 years...

all the cooking stuff I watch , the whole gamut of them ... I notice lots of SS in use...

I have decided to give it a try , done LOTS of googling and have decided to try out Tramontina as a first foray into SS , I realize All Clad is the "standard" , from what I have been able to gather , Tram is very comparable , but , at a cheaper price point ...

https://www.costco.com/Tramontina-14...100390761.html

i looked at Vollrath commercial stuff , I just don't like the looks of it ....

I guess , what I am asking, anyone have any experience ??

Dan
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:23 PM   #2
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Vollrath has taken over at least one company that I do business with for baking pans. I haven't done any lately, but I do hope that this isn't a step in the wrong direction as far as quality goes.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Cuisinart has been chosen by ATK and Cooks Country a couple of times as an alternative to All Clad and Le Crueset

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
N8DCJ
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
Cuisinart has been chosen by ATK and Cooks Country a couple of times as an alternative to All Clad and Le Crueset
I think I read that somewhere , while I do not have access to ATK etc... after reading lots of stuff i could infer that Tramontina is one of the recommended brands too.... But , i cant find anything direct from ATK.

Dan
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:43 AM   #5
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Cuisinart is a best buy on individual pieces. ATK selected All Clad for it's winner and Tramontina as the best buy in sets.

Dan, you know that you can contact me for ATK selections, I have all of the books up until Kimball left.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:02 PM   #6
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Woot often has Cuisinart sets on sale

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote