Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 01-30-2002, 08:37 PM   #1
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

I really wanted to rate these so as to maybe keep someone from buying them, but I couldn't find them. I even looked under "dogrocket". Am I just not finding them?

"The Texans were my best soldiers. Not once did I see their backs in battle" Robert E. Lee

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 08:46 PM   #2
Purosdave
Club Member

Which Drew Estate cigar are you looking for? The Acid and Natural lines are both under "Acid". I don't know of any of the other lines they make.

I'd rather be driving; either golf balls or my Dodge!
Purosdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 08:03 PM   #3
gumby
Contributing Editor
Herf God

It was a Natural. I had no idea it was an Acid or I would have never tried it. I swore I'd never smoke an Acid or a Lars. I feel so cheap. At least I now know why it tasted like clove cigarettes.

"The Texans were my best soldiers. Not once did I see their backs in battle" Robert E. Lee

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-31-2002, 08:48 PM   #4
tmdeguy
Club Member

That's okay Gumby...we'll still respect you in the morning!

Fire Up Another One!
tmdeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 09:31 PM   #5
Purosdave
Club Member

Speak for yourself tmdeguy!

I'd rather be driving; either golf balls or my Dodge!
Purosdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 10:04 PM   #6
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

Gumby, a Natural is not an Acid. Drew Estates makes several different lines. They are Acid Natural and Industrial Press I hope that's cleared up!

SSJ...I'm good at what I do. What is it that I do again?!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 04:13 PM   #7
JBrock
Club Member

Believe it or not, I like the Natural cigars. As a matter of fact, I like the ACID to. I had a sampler of each and enjoyed them so much that I bought a box of the China 5. I can see where you might not like the unusual flavors, but IMO you are shortchanging them on construction, burn and overall quality. I also enjoy the creativity of sizes. Lars on the other hand are put together poorly and suffer a lot of inconsistency. Give the Green Hero a chance.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Old 03-03-2002, 10:18 AM   #8
eleltea

One sunny afternoon by a backyard koi pond in Cincinnati I leaned back in a lawn chair with a glass of something or other and a little, ugly Acid Nasty. It looks like a little black Bugle (the corn snack) and tastes of unsweetened Sen-Sen. You may not remember Sen-Sen, a popular breath freshener from years and years ago. I loved that little Nasty cigar. It lasted longer than I thought it would, had beautiful aromas that seemed to change with the wafting breezes, and flavors of licorice root, coffee beans and cocoa and earth. Try one outdoors on a lazy afternoon with your favorite drink, when the sun is out and the wind is gentle.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:07 PM   #9
sucol
Club Member

I just smoked a Green Hero that was sent over in a trade. I believe it was flavored with Latakia, a tobacco that all you pipe smokers will recognize. It certainly was well made, burned evenly, was mild ... but did not really taste like a cigar. More like a very mild English pipe tobacco.

"I saw something nasty in the woodshed!" - Aunt Ada Doom
Old 03-04-2002, 11:30 AM   #10
gumby
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Guys, April Fools Day is still a month away.

Thomas Jefferson