Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
sillyrib
Club Member

NUB Habano

Let me Preface this by saying I usually only smoke Cubans.
I bought this while waiting in line at a comedy show and they were having an event in a cigar shop I was standing next to.
The cigar is the thickest, shortest cigar I have ever smoked but I was interested since it seems to be the latest trend.
The cigar burned very hot and ran along one side in spite of my touchups. The ash was very flaky and left a mess of small particles as it burned.
The cigar is very strong with a high nicotine content and left me feeling a little woozy and sick about a quarter of the way in. It started off with a dark chocolate flavor but developed a saccharine taste I associate with a lot of non-ISOMS.
I'm used to smoking aged cubans of at least ten years so this cigar felt pretty overwhelming. I basically gave up about a third of the way in.
I don't know if this is what other cuban cigar smokers experience but it left me wary me of venturing away from my coolerdors.