Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
CigarGuy36
Starting Member

The Six Senses...

Hey Everyone,

I've been thinking about this idea I had recently...

I was gifted an amazing cigar by a Sister of the Leaf who lives in N.Y. The cigar was hand-rolled at a N.J. lounge that she frequents when she is in the area. Upon opening the package, I quickly realized that the stogie did not have a band of any kind.

Although it was a bit strange at first, I embraced the mystery aspect behind the stick; especially when reviewing. Was this a $5 stick? Was it $25? What kind of tobacco's did this cigar use?

Every puff was an adventure.

No preconceived notions, no bias, no nothin'!

I digress...

I know it can be hard for some people to find time to send sticks, find them, or even afford them (as a young guy, I know what having $2.14 in the bank account is like!). So I figured if I could find 5 other guys to try this with me, it would be well worth it, and a LOT of fun.

How it works:

Each month, we send a couple stogies to each other, without the band, (we'll set up a schedule...) and either put on a temporary band for identification purposes (i.e. #1, #2, etc.), and/or physically write down what we sent so that way we don't forget, and can use as references later. Somebody will be assigned a person for the month, they send the sticks away, and the recipient will then conduct a review and report back what they thought. What is really cool about this, is that we simultaneously get a taste of, well...that person's taste.

Thus, begins the birth of the 'Six Senses' Club...
CigarGuy36 is offline   Reply With Quote