Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2018, 04:00 AM   #1
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I'm thinking about smoking a pipe again

I bought my first and only pipe about 10 years ago. My then girlfriend, now my wife, hated it from the moment I bought it. She doesn't like the "look" of a guy with a pipe. But since I smoke in my Man Cave it really doesn't matter what she thinks.

I smoked it a dozen times or so, trying different tobacco, most of which was gifted to me by people in this group, but never really got into it. I still have most of that tobacco, which has been stored in mason jars. It wasn't the flavor or taste of pipe tobacco that drove me away. It was the fact that the smoking experience was different. I can deal with the added work required, such as filling the bowl, but I found that a cigar just burns better, more consistently, and, most importantly to me, provides more smoke.

Does the type of pipe used make a difference? Is there a pipe that will provide a more cigar like smoking experience using pipe tobacco?

Thanks for any info guys.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote