Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2004, 11:24 PM   #1
PinarPhan

Toraño 1959 Exodus Silver Robusto

My apologies to prflani for repeating his well written review last month!

After a high stress 9 hours at the office, I came home to a cold suffering wife and an under stimulated 2.5 year old. Not to sound like life is too bad, a wonderful friend and neighbor brought 2 fresh (plucked from the ocean bottom yesterday) lobster tails that we enjoyed for diner. That was followed by dish duty and a solid, wonderful 2 hour session of wear my daughter out! Ok, it wasn’t her that was worn out by the end but it was her bed time and my down time.

I was hugely tempted by a good Havana but all this talk about Toranos got me, I had to try this Exodus that I received in a Newbie Trade.

Due to the big ring size I used a punch on this one and the pre-light draw was just right. When I first lit the fat boy, it tasted like any yard gar out of the box. That lasted for about 3 draws, it quickly settled into a smooth and creamy flavor that was light but still appealing. I knew I needed to pour a couple fingers of scotch for this one so I went with the Glenlivet French Oak which is a smooth single malt. By the mid-point of the cigar the flavors had settled into a nice leathery earth tone. Not the real peaty or peppery spiciness of a stronger stick but interesting nonetheless. By the last 1/3 the Exodus was hinting at strengthening at the same time teasing a touch of heat and harshness. Not enough to cause displeasure but enough for me to refrain from nubbing what was a very interesting, medium smoke that just happened to match my mood this evening.

While I lean towards the peppery, twangy zing that only a Cuban can deliver, I now have a place in my rotation for this medium body creamy treat!
PinarPhan is offline   Reply With Quote