Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2017, 10:35 PM   #1
bigipps

Montecristo by AJ Fernandez Corona

Tonight I'm reviewing the Montecristo by AJF.

Prelight, the cigar gives off a pleasant cut dead leaves and cut hay aroma. The draw is good.

It's a dark brown cigar, nicely wrapped (seams are nearly visible).

Monte by Montecristo AJ Fernandez is made in Nicaragua at the Tabacalera A.J. Fernandez Cigars de Nicaragua factory. Covered in a dark, Ecuadoran Habano wrapper, the cigar consists of a Nicaraguan Criollo '98 binder and a filler blend of Nicaraguan (Criollo '98) and Dominican (Piloto Cubano) tobacco.

Given it's a little cold out here, I'm glad that we are reviewing coronas and not Churchhills right now. Well, it's 47 out here tonight, which is cold for my Southern California standards.

First half, I'm trying to decide how full bodied this cigar is. It's smooth, with a good amount of smoke. There is a bit of oomph here, but it's not full bodied. Maybe medium. That said, there is a bit of spice here.

The ash is mottled grey and holding strong at 2", which is almost half way for this short smoke. But it fell off shortly after that.

I've noticed a change in the second half. A bit heavier, maybe a little more spice. The burn throughout was perfect. A little hot toward the end, but I picked up the pace a bit 'cause I'm getting cold.

I've enjoyed the smoke. It is a bit lighter than I usually gravitate to, but there was definitely something "there." I could see having some of these on hand and enjoying from time to time and also sharing with friends that typically enjoy lighter smokes.

Last edited by bigipps; 12-24-2017 at 10:39 PM.
bigipps is offline   Reply With Quote