Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2002, 10:59 PM   #1
JinE

The Cigar: I have no idea but it has a Chicago Bears emblem on the band, Unknown vitola!
Grade: C-

http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/DaBears.jpg

In honor of “Da Bears” Getting ousted by the Eagles, this cigar HAD to be burned. I had no idea WTF this cigar is or where it came from. All I know is that it has a stupid band on it. My drink of choice was Ravenswood Vinter’s Blend Zinfandel. Turns out I only had a shot of Zin left, so threw it down in Mike Dika fashion and grabbed a Smoke-a-cola and headed to the herfin habitat.

Da Bears was an odd cigar indeed! The cap was uneven and creases and flaps of wrapper could be found throughout the cigar. It’s rough uneven surface looks like something someone whittled by the side of a campfire with an old pocketknife. Even with it’s rustic appearance, the cigar’s hide seemed as tough as nails. My Xi3 made a nice clean cut, the cigar showed signs that it was well put together. It smelled like tobacco (good sign), and had a firm pre light draw.

The best compliment that can be made about this cigar is that it really did nothing to stand out. I’m not sure what a complex tastes like, but I don’t think it had any “complex” flavors. The taste could best be described as slightly nutty, with a raw pecan aftertaste. I would say the cigar was on the mild side of a medium body, with no hints of spice. Volume of smoke was a bit disappointing, probably an effect of the firm draw. Much like this year’s Chicago bears there was nothing offensive to talk about. Again, in parallel with the Chicago Bears in the playoffs, it put in a good 45 minutes before it burned out and headed for the trash can.

The rating on this cigar might be relatively higher then it should be, only because I had such low expectations (Much like the Bears again!) going into my private herf. It performed much better then I expected, but in the end Da Bears will always show their true colors and end up being nothing but a average, if not below average cigar (team).

-Jin "The NFL Sucks!" E
JinE is offline   Reply With Quote