Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
bsk
Club Member

Cuban Fonseca Cosacos

During a recent trip out of the country, I picked up a 5-pack of Fonseca Cosacos. Essentially a corona sized cigar. Since it was such a gorgeous spring day here in the midwest, I thought I'd crack open the pack and fire one of those puppies up.

The Fonsecas have a nice presentation being wrapped in the white tissue. The wrapper leaf was smooth and blemish free, no large veins, and was light brown in color (paper grocery bag color). The construction was good, no soft or hard spots. The prelight light draw was smooth, easy, and tasty.

The first 3 or 4 draws after lighting were none to impressive. Rather harsh and bland, which made me begin to expect the worst. However, the cigar quickly turned the corner and developed into a pleasant smoke. It was mild, with a light spice and nutty flavor. Very enjoyable. It stayed that way through the middle half of the cigar. The last third began to develop more strength, then quickly turned harsh and acrid. I thought this was going to be a nubber, but the harshness was too much.

Overall, it was a good smoking experience. A full 2/3 of this cigar was a delight to smoke. Considering it is one of the lower cost ISOM's, I am very happy with the results. Now I wish I'd picked up a whole box!

Bottom line:
bsk is offline   Reply With Quote