Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2002, 11:10 AM   #1
solomr2
Herf Meister

I had one of these last night on my drive home. Wow, what a great smoke. It earned a spot in my list of favorites. I love the bold, rich, smooth taste of Fuente SG.

The construction was typical beautiful Fuente, with a nice cedar wrap and the black silk foot warmer. Draw was also typical Fuente, just perfect, not tight at all. Pre-light taste was evidently Sun Grown, with that barnyard sort of aroma and slightly tingly flavor, and that sort of chewy feel in your mouth. Upon lighting, the flavor exploded into my mouth, with a very strong pungent aroma, and huge volumes of smoke. The taste was very complex, bold, rich and full, but not strong. I searched for words to describe the taste, but couldn't find any that did any justice, about all I could think of was that it had a slighty cedary undertone, probably from the cedar wrap, and that distinctly pungent earthy aroma. It was heavenly, but unfortunately the burn was uneven and needed a lick from my lighter every few minutes until it got into the second half. I smoked it as far as I could without blistering my lips. It was one of the best tasting cigars I’ve had in a couple of months. I truly enjoyed it, despite the burn problems. I would highly recommend this cigar. Now I only wish I had bought more... I'm on the prowl for a box to add to my rotation.