Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
Augie754

Perdomo Reserve Cameroon "P" Perfecto

Perdomo Reserve Cameroon "P" Perfecto (Silver Label)
Cigar Size = 5.5 x 55
Country of Origin = Nicaragua
Wrapper = Cameroon
Binder = Nicaraguan
Filler = Nicaraguan
Purchased From = Famous-Smoke.com
Purchase Date = 2006-06-22
Purchase price = Freebie
Smoke Date = 2008-06-27, 9:30pm

Appearance = 8.4
This cigar was a perfecto, it had the normal shaped head and the foot was tapered and almost closed. It was straight and true but did have a few unsightly lumps. The wrapper was a deep brown and had consistent color with a smooth texture. There weren't too many veins but the wrapper had small wrinkles around the foot for the dramatic taper. The band has a nice design and is huge almost too big.

Construction = 8.5
I did not cut the tapered end so the pre-light draw was a little tight. This continued until it reached it's full width and them became just about right - just on the easy side. It was firm and lacked any soft spots. The burn started uneven for about a inch and then evened out. It burned a little hot for it's large gauge and the ash was just slightly flakey with a gray color. Overall the construction was solid, but definitely not perfect.

Taste = 8.2
Pre-smoke taste was light and woody. After lighting it was full flavors of toasted nuts and very woody. After a few inches it intensified and also had a touch of sweetness. Toward the end the cigar had hints of spices and leather but the woody flavor was still dominate taste and there was some bitterness. It was medium to full overall. It had a long pleasant finish and nice aroma. A nice cigar but no spectacular flavors.

Overall
This was a good solid cigar, but had no real "wow" factor. I wouldn't mind having a 5 pack or a single here and there for some variety, but nothing more than that. I'm not really a fan of the perfecto shape, so another size in this line would be for me.

Appearance = 8.4 x 1
Construction = 8.5 x 3
Taste = 8.2 x 6
Overall = 8.31
Strenth Rating = Medium-Full

Rating scale:
10.0 - 9.5 = buy at any price
9.5 - 9.0 = premium price box worthy
9.0 - 8.5 = box worthy
8.5 - 8.0 = single or 5 pack worthy
8.0 - 7.0 = single worthy if dirt cheap
7.0 - 6.0 = will smoke if given for free