Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2018, 09:49 AM   #37
bsslack
Herf Meister

See, there's one I never really got into. I put him and Neil Young, Meatloaf and Robert Palmer in the same category. They were guy's that were around for years and had one or two actual hit's. Then they faded into the back ground, but you still heard about them every now and then. But had a loyal fan bases, if not large ones. I call them "The love'em or hate'em crew." You either really dig them or not.

That's the beauty of Music, there's always something for everyone. I was reminded again of that just this week. I drove my 82 YO mother to the nearby (70 miles roundtrip) "real town" to shop for sundries and such. She was in the front passengers seat beside me and reached into the glove box and grabbed a CD and popped it into the player and Keith Urban comes out and she turns it up. (no, her hearing is fine) So, I smile and say nothing. Then, There's a track with him and Pitbull with an almost rappin beat. I glace over at her and smile and she say's......."Is that too loud for You?" Hilarious, truly. My aged mother was worried that she was cranking up the stereo too loudly for me. Priceless. Later she put's in the soundtrack to the remake of the movie Alfie and goes right to a few Mick Jagger songs: "Blind Leading the Blind" and "Old Habits Die Hard" which she quietly sang to herself.

I instantly, in my head, heard a line from an old Stones track:
'You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you find, You get what you need."

Music can instantaneously cross the gulfs of time and experience between people. It is humbling, enlightening, amazing and comforting.

Cheers!

Leave not Your Heart's True Words, til they can fall only upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote