Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2002, 04:10 PM   #1
unklebill
Club Member

This weeks cigar was donated by Eduardo and rang in with a score of 4.5 stars and an average of 41 points (49,40,35,43,38).
All of the reviews enjoyed this cigar with the only wish being for a bit more strength.
Defining comments:
“very good cigar”
“I could smoke these at least once a week.”
“would gladly smoke another anytime”
“I was sad to see it go”

Here are the full reviews:

Member: Jojoscigars
Const:5
Burn:5
Draw:5
Aroma:5
Flavor:9
Taste:10
Overall:10
Total:49

PreSmoke: 'very well made cigar. nice ash .'
Smoke: 'lots of flavor .not use to smoking a long cigar ,but could not put it down. made my nite '
Summary: 'very good cigar. might have to buy some when i find out what it was '

Member: Eduardo
Aroma:4
Flavor:7
Taste:7
Overall:7
Total:40

PreSmoke: 'Construction was darn near perfect on this one. Reddish brown oily wrapper with very fine veins. The draw for me was what I would call perfect. Really firmly bunched churchill size smoke.'
Smoke: 'My sample burned perfectly with no need for any touchups. Rich
flavor on the lips. Plenty of smoke on each draw. Strength was what I
would call medium.'
Summary: 'I gave this a 40, not the best smoke I’ve had by far but I could smoke these at least once a week. I like this size when I have time. '

Member: Grinnin
Const:3
Aroma:3
Taste:6
Overall:6
Total:35

PreSmoke: '7x48 churchill, Average looking construction, firm and a bit
lumpy. OK cap. A couple wrapper blemishes. Nice medium reddish brown
wrapper, reminds me of the color of H2000. Slightly toothy medium veins. Unremarkable light tobacco aroma before lighting.
Burn and draw of this cigar were perfect! Med/dark gray ash'
Smoke: 'Pretty mild to start, but built nicely to medium flavor during the second half. Pleasant flavors, started dry, spicy (only spicy for the first few puffs) and woody, and mellowed out to a smooth predominantly woody character with some light coffee-like flavor, aftertaste and aroma building near the end. Definitely does not seem like an H2000 wrapper, lacks that spicy bite. Mild to medium in strength and medium in body. '
Summary: 'I enjoyed this cigar, but would have liked it better if the
flavor kicked in earlier in the smoke. The flavor is good, I just wanted more from this cigar. Though it took it a while to build in flavor, It was never harsh or unpleasant. I am not going to rush out to buy a box, but would gladly smoke another anytime. '

Member: Emind56
Flavor:8
Overall:9
Total:43
PreSmoke: 'All I can say is that after looking at this beauty and taking a few pre-draws, I couldn’t wait to light her up!!'
Smoke: 'After lighting the initial draws revealed a nice sweet spicy core, the power while not overpowering had a nice heft to it. the 1/3 of the smoke had a creamy spicy core and smoked wonderfully. In the 2/3 the smoke became more complex revealing nice wood and leather notes, which seemed to envelop the sweet spicy core. the last 1/3 of this cigar really seemed to bring it all together the flavors stayed consistent, but became much deeper and richer, the power increased, and I was sad to see it go'
Summary: 'Overall a great smoke! I will definitely be interested in what this baby was...I hope it is reasonably priced, because at the least it would make a great golfing smoke!!! '

Member:Unklebill
Const:4
Overall:6
Total:38
PreSmoke: 'This is a very nice reddish brown churchill-sized cigar with a little cocoa aroma and only a couple of prominent veins, which never hurt anything. A smooth cut with the Xikar revealed a perfect draw.'
Smoke: 'This cigar burned perfect and yielded plenty of smoke. I was a
little hesitant to smoke this cigar early in the day, as it looked like it might be a real powerhouse. However, my hesitation proved to be
unfounded. The flavor was pretty straightforward and on the mild side of medium. There were plenty of flavors lingering just under the surface, but none of them distinguished themselves enough to be identified. It tasted allot like a Perdomo cigar and if I had to guess, that is what I would say. '
Summary:'I am a real puss when it comes to strong cigars but this one gave me no troubles.. It was a good cigar, but I wanted either a touch more flavor or a touch more strength…or both. I would like to try this one in a smaller ring gauge, as perhaps that would concentrate the flavors a bit more. I would recommend this to those looking for a lighter-bodied cigar or something for the early morning. '

Thanks to all the reviewers!!!!

Eduardo……fill us in!!!

BILL

"Lars: The Joe Camel of cigars"

Edited by - unklebill on 03/26/2002 10:41:42 PM