Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

DE Undercrown Press Release

Drew Estate announces today the newest extension to the prized Undercrown Brand, the Undercrown Sun Grown. The new Sun Grown is the third Undercrown expression, complimenting Undercrown Maduro and Undercrown Shade. The Undercrown Sun Grown will be displayed in Drew Estate’s booth (Booth #2608) at the IPCPR Convention and Tradeshow, held July 10 – 14, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The new Sun Grown features an Ecuadorian Sumatra seed, Sun Grown wrapper. The binder is a Connecticut River Valley Stalk Cut/Cured Sun Grown Habano, complimenting a powerhouse blend of Nicaraguan premium fillers. One leaf of extensively aged Ligero from the Nueva Segovia region along the border of Honduras has been selected to enhance the strength of the blend.

The Undercrown Sun Grown will be available in the following Vitolas:

Corona (5 5/8 x 46) MSRP $205.00/25ct Box
Robusto (5 x 54) MSRP $212.00/25ct Box
Gran Toro (6 x 52) MSRP $225.50/25ct Box
Belicoso (6 x 52) MSRP $246.00/ 25ct Box
Gordito (6 x 60) MSRP $280.00/25ct Box
Corona Doble (7 x 54) MSRP $259.50/ 25ct Box
Flying Pig (3 15/16 x 60) MSRP $152.64/12ct Box
From his Wynwood Safehouse, Jonathan Drew President and Founder of Drew Estate, “Returning to Drew Estate as the Fourth President is immensely inspiring and satisfying. The collaborative consortium of creative talent at every level is our core competency. Challenging Willy Herrera and the Undercrown Blending Team to create the new expression after finally securing Sun Grown Tobacco is extremely exciting, as we have tried to secure this Sumatra Ecuador tobacco for over 15 years. The new Sun Grown continues the legacy of “Blended on the Factory Floor.”

From Little Havana, Willy Herrera Master Blender of Drew Estate, “The people of Estelí, Nicaragua opened their hearts to me and my family ever since I joined Drew Estate. Creating cigars from the ground up with the Undercrown Blending Team challenges my comfort zone and pushes the company to more impactful blends.”

Released at the 2011 IPCPR Tradeshow, the Undercrown Maduro is a blend developed on the factory floor utilizing primings not used in the Liga Privada blends by the rollers of Liga Privada for their own smoking pleasure. Featuring a Mexican San Andres Negro Wrapper, a Connecticut River Valley Stalk Cut & Cured Sun Grown Binder, as well as Brazilian Mata Fina and Nicaraguan Fillers.

Released at the 2015 IPCPR Tradeshow, the Undercrown Shade is a collaboration between Willy Herrera and the Undercrown Maduro Factory blending team to develop a Connecticut Shade blend to the standards of the team palate. The Undercrown Shade features an Ecuadorian Connecticut Wrapper, a Sumatran Binder, as well as Dominican Criollo 98, Nicaraguan Criollo, and Corojo Fillers.

Fans of Undercrown Cigars are encouraged to download Drew Diplomat the official mobile application of Drew Estate – The Rebirth of Cigars which is now available in the App Store for iPhone®, and iPod Touch® and on Google Play™ for Android™. For more information head to http://drewdiplomat.com

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Damn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:10 AM   #3
Danno114
Club Member

I enjoy the original Undercrown, looking forward to trying the sungrown version
Danno114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:58 AM   #4
CSMAnderson
Herf God

I was never a big fan of the original Undercrown. But this one sounds very interesting. Looking forward to it's release.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
Diplomatico
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMAnderson View Post
I was never a big fan of the original Undercrown. But this one sounds very interesting. Looking forward to it's release.
The only original Undercrown that I like is the Corona Viva! It's better than any of the other vitolas in that line.

This press release is the first time I've ever seen the original Undercrown referred to as "Undercrown Maduro".
Old 07-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #6
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

I smoked one at the show. It was outstanding. I will post a review as soon as I smoke another.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote