Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Hazelnut Brown Nectar

I was on the road a few weeks ago in Corvallis, Oregon. I was staying at the hotel directly across from the OSU stadium. One evening needing to get away from the laptop and all the work emails I head downstairs to the hotel bar.

It's a small bar but it meets the need. The bar only has two taps, one was a Rogue Dead Man Ale, which I have had before and like. And the second was a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar, a brown ale. So I tried the Hazelnut Brown Nectar and surprisingly really liked it.

I have since looked for the Hazelnut Ale here in Virginia and so far only found the Dead Man at my local grocery store....for $12.95 a six pack. I'm not paying that.

I hope to find a microbrewery that can fill my growler with the Hazelnut. I need to call down to the Capital Ale House in Fredericksburg and see if they carry it.

Was at a swanky wine and cheese store in Culpeper Virginia yesterday and they had the Hazelnut in the bottle. Don't ask how much I paid for a six pack. It's a crime what they charge.

--Dan
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote