Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
big ben
Club Member

I did it!! My first home roast.

With the help from you fine gentlemen, I was successful on my first try!

The only really setback on the whole process was constantly getting outbid on ebay for the original poppery. I actually bid up to $58 shipped on a used one with a cracked lid and missing butter dish, and still got outbid. Those babies are like gold mines.

Then, after getting discouraged, I asked my wife to visit the ONLY thrift shop in town. I wrote down the popper I was looking for and low and behold I got a call at work saying she found the Original West Bend Poppery for $5.00. I was soooo pumped because the Unclebeanz had arrived via usps that day also.

Now for the roasting part. Since this was my first time, I had Norman roast some El Salador "La Illusion" and Guatemala El Injerto for me and I also bought some greenies of the same kind so I could compare.
I watched a few YouTube videos and I was ready.

I am proud to say that my very first roast looks identical to Norman's.

I brewed up some of Norman's roast last night while mine were resting. Holy smokes, that was the greatest cup of coffee I ever had.

I must say that I was really excited this morning when I started grinding my own roast. I know it was a little early, but I couldn't help myself. It smell great while brewing so I had high hopes. Now for the first sip........GREAT. Just as good as Norman's!

Thanks Mad Dawg and all the others who have given me tips so I can start down yet another slope because of Cigar Weekly.

Mark

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.
big ben is offline   Reply With Quote