Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2003, 05:42 PM   #1
Black Plague
Herf Meister

El Rico Habano Habano Club (WHOOOWHEEE!!!)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHEEEEEE!!!

This is one of the very best domestics I've had in a long, long time! I've heard lots of talk about these sticks, and I managed to trade a buddy for one and light her up today in honor of the great brothers and sisters of the leaf on this board who've made me feel so welcome.

Appearance: Very unassuming. Had a nice natural wrapper, a medium-brown color.

Construction: Felt great, no soft spots, all solid.

Prelight: When I cut it, it did cause a split from the tip . Seems like a lot the El Credito smokes I've been having lately have been doing that. But nothing major that a little spit couldn't solve. Pre-light taste promised great things to come!

Characteristics: Good ash on it, burn was slightly off, but that is more my fault. Draw was smooth and effortless.

Taste/Flavor: Again...WHOOOOOOOOWHEEEEEE!!! Like I said, one of the best domestics available! Exploding with flavor, nice strength and body, but not at all harsh or overpowering . This is the first smoke in a long time to make my hands start a-quiverin'! I can't even describe it, it's just a pure, delicious tobacco flavor. BUY THESE NOW, I command you! Wait, on second thought, DON'T! Let me have them all! j/k

Value: I got it in a trade with a buddy (off the forums a while back). But looking at General Cigar's MSRP, this baby is one hell of a value! All the sticks cost between $4-$5.

Overall: A truly wonderful cigar in honor of some truly wonderful people. I highly recommend them!
Black Plague is offline   Reply With Quote