Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2005, 08:43 AM   #1
Herfin Bigdog
Herf Meister

HH3 RECAP & HURRICANE HERF 3 PART 2, A SECOND RAFFLE TBD

First, a HA-UGE THANK YOU to all of the Generously FAN-DAM-TAS-TIC manufacturers and vendors who sponsored this event with their copius amounts of donations.

It would be very difficult to raise this amount of raffle proceeds without your participation.

Second, an equally HA-UGE THANK YOU to the several EXTREMELY Generous Brothers of the Leaf for their donations of a wide variety of items including cigars, ashtrays, cigar cases and more!

You all added an extra level with your generous donations.

The proceeds generated from last year's Second Annual Hurricane Herf topped out at $700. I was to hopping to at least double that amount this year for HH3.

The grand total raised from raffle ticket sales and prize contributions for the DCASC Third Annual Hurricane Herf and Benefit Raffle was...

ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND FORTY-SEVEN DOLLARS!!! $1847

We were just $250 away from tripling the amount of last years event.

I have decided to split the proceeds between the American Red Cross and our CW Katrina Relief Fund. There is a way to double the amount that is given the Red Cross through a matching amount by Computer Horizons Corporation.

Herfin' One works for a company that is a subsidiary of Computer Horizons Corporation. Employees of CHC or it's subsidiaries that make donations through CHC's fund matching program can double the amount through CHC, and the amount will be matched dollar for dollar. I can split the money and the Red Cross will still get the full amount of the proceeds raised by the raffle.

I'm only sorry that the funds won't be matched for the CW Katrina Relief Fund.

HURRICANE HERF 3 RAFFLE, PART TWO

I have received a few items that came too late for the September 10th raffle. I have decided to attempt to have a second raffle. I'll have to see what I can come up with in terms of additional prizes beyond the to vendors whose prizes arrived late.

I'm sure I can put them to a good use.

To me, a cigar is more than a good smoke; it is a way of life. I love them! And it killed George Burns at 100, so don't give me any crap about health! -- Bert Sugar, Sports Writer
Herfin Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote