Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
Vital Spark
Starting Member

Singular Malts

Spending so much time in USA I wish I had a penny for everytime I have been asked 'what's the best Scotch?' At a recent gathering the question of what to ask for from Santa produced the following list. Money no object of course!! In no particular order.
The Macallan (Novices take note when in Scotland it's 'THE' Macallan) 18yo Sherry Oak 1985 vintage
Glenrothes 30yo. In the 80's they blended some 1974 casks & left them for another 20years. Serious money & now on the wish list!
Glenmorangie (remember it rhymes with orangie) 1987 Margaux Cask. Bill Lumsden (Master) bought 10 barrels of Bordeaux filled them with 16yo about 2 years ago. Now that's par excellence.
Springbank 25yo it takes 21 years to nose Springbank. My choice to the list.
Ardbeg 1979 in the Gordon & MacPhail Connoisseurs choice range. Strong peaty taste toned down by years in Bourbon casks.
This was the final list but frankly for the money you will go far to better the 10yo Glenfarclas. Might not be fashioable but just like Partagas D best value.
Merry Xmas & as we say here "a' the best when It Comes"( It being New Year)