Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2002, 09:23 AM   #1
JayMonster

Wrapper: Habano 2000
Binder: Honduran
Filler: Dominican, Honduran, Mexican, Nicaraguan, Costa Rican

Style: Torpedo

Estimated Price $5.00

Appearance - 19/20 - Near flawless in it's appearance (it may have gotten a 20/20 if it didn't look like a tongue depressor). Rich deep brown, minimal veines. Very Neat head (seems to becoming a rarity on Torps). This is a cigar that looks as good in your hand or your humidor as it does in a catalog.

Construction 19/20 - Not a surprise that construction is superb from Torano. What DID suprise me was how well the Habano 2000 wrapper burned. Now I know H2K has come a LOOOOONG way since it was first introduced, but this wrapper was darn near flawless in appearance, taste and burn. This was obviously what the leaf was intended to be when it was first engineered. No hard or soft spots to be found on this cigar.

Taste - 45/50 - Smooth rich taste that is not overpowering. It would have been easy to turn this into a cigar that was strong just for strongs sake. But the flavor and taste were evened out so you are paying more attention to the flavors than just "ohhh ligero... again". Flavor builds for the length of the cigar and if you are not nubbing this cigar than you are missing out. What is lacks in complexity it makes up for in straight enjoyable smoking pleasure. It is just that good from start to finger burn.

Overall - 8/10 - Not quite as complex as the Torano Signature, but a worthy cigar that every serious cigar smoker should have the pleasure of trying.

Total - 92/100 - I was a little skeptical of this cigar due to the amount of hype and rave reviews I had read about it. It simply was everything I read about. If you are unsure - be sure it is worth the effort to get your hands on one and give it a try.

- Sacha Guitry
JayMonster is offline   Reply With Quote