Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2002, 09:13 AM   #1
JayMonster

Wrapper - Criollo
Binder: Honduran
Filler: Dominican, Honduran, Mexican, Nicaraguan, Costa Rican
Size - Torpedo (6-1/4 x 54)
MSRP - (Estimated) $5.00

Appearance 19/20 - Does Torano EVER build a less than stellar looking cigar? It hasn't been my experience yet, and the Silver Did nothing to change that.

Construction - 16/20 - This may be just a matter of timing. The cigar seemed to be well made. no spitting out of little tobacco pieces after clipping. Firm with no soft spots and only a couple of small hard spots could be detected. The problem I had was with the burn. Perhaps this is why they are not rushing this cigar out. The Crillo required a couple of touch ups to fix burn problems with the wrapper.

Taste - 42/50 - Much like the Original 1959 Exodus, the taste on this cigar is quite good, complex and heady. Unlike the original it had a bitterness on the finish that was distracting. This along with the burn problems reminded me a lot of the early days of H2K (for the record, I have noticed similar problems with other Criollo cigars I have tried). Some age may take out the bitterness. Gonna require additional research .

Overall - 7/10 - If not for the bitterness on the finish, I would be be singing the praises of this cigar to the ends of the earth. As it is, it is still a good cigar worthy of a look-see.

Total - 84/100 - Given a little time to mature this score may dramatically improve. Will have to wait for the actual release to find out though.

- Sacha Guitry
JayMonster is offline   Reply With Quote