Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Rights in America

Cigar Rights in America Discussion of smokers' rights in all 50 states.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
Maccabee

Baton rouge Louisiana

They met today to practically ban smoking in all public areas. The bill is hb881. Including cigar shops. Anyone happen to go to the meeting today? Going to have to underground. My bunker will be ready.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:53 AM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

It was deferred by the bill's author. In my estimation, he saw the writing on the wall, knowing it was too ridiculous, RIGHT NOW.

Forgive me getting political, but nanny-staters, typically do this. They float the big trial balloon, and get every one all worked up to see what their opposition is like. The first time, they pull the legislation, or walk it back. However, after that? Then they get all their public service ads going, about saving your life, get the comedians to make fun of smokers, get the "opinion-makers" talking and writing about how horrible it is that second-hand smoke (or whatever the issue may be) is KILLING EVERYONG. And, start attacking little by little.

Then, next year or two down the line, they will have converted enough folks to try a very small step, and it will likely pass...well, you know, it's juuuuuuuust ___________________.

We're not trying to outright ban, or whatever. Then once in place, and after the loud outrage is over, they'll start the same process again and again, until they get there.

However, if he deferred, he knew he couldn't win, now, and this was just to size-up the opposition.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 04-22-2018 at 10:19 AM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:18 AM   #3
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

An astute observation, T.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:30 PM   #4
Maccabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
It was deferred by the bill's author. In my estimation, he saw the writing on the wall, knowing it was too ridiculous, RIGHT NOW.

Forgive me getting political, but nanny-staters, typically do this. They float the big trial balloon, and get every one all worked up to see what their opposition is like. The first time, they pull the legislation, or walk it back. However, after that? Then they get all their public service ads going, about saving your life, get the comedians to make fun of smokers, get the "opinion-makers" talking and writing about how horrible it is that second-hand smoke (or whatever the issue may be) is KILLING EVERYONG. And, start attacking little by little.

Then, next year or two down the line, they will have converted enough folks to try a very small step, and it will likely pass...well, you know, it's juuuuuuuust ___________________.

We're not trying to outright ban, or whatever. Then once in place, and after the loud outrage is over, they'll start the same process again and again, until they get there.

However, if he deferred, he knew he couldn't win, now, and this was just to size-up the opposition.
Agreed. That's why I asked habana port to keep me in the loop. Politicians nerd more and more power, like a crack addict, and never stop. They love to sneak in stuff. The same with gun control. I'll do what I can to resist

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote