Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
ElkTwin

Review: Schürch Torina

An interesting bulk tobacco I ordered from Switzerland on the recommendation of a friend, this is a very satisfying Balkan blend. I had a quick errand to run so I grabbed a small pipe and half packed it with a pinch or two of the mixture. This blend has the most variety of color in its flaky and moist makeup of any I've seen to date. From very light tan to extra dark, the shreds of leaf are of varying size and texture. The mix is loose in the pouch and have a bit of spring as it's pressed into the bowl.

There came a lovely flavor and aroma with the charring light. I got a strong dose of dried plum and the delicious tinge of oriental tobacco. The ambient aroma was slightly sweet and charming. But the real joy came as the bowl settled down and slowly burnt to the bottom. Delightfully creamy and well balanced to my taste, the smoky blend was a treat to the senses. It burned slightly hot, but responded well to reducing the frequency of the draw and light sipping.

This is a very well behaved blend of Virgina, Latakia, Perique and Oriental tobacco that is obviously well thought out and lovingly executed. I got the impression that I could smoke it for hours and still find new secrets within the blend. I recommend it.