Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2005, 06:17 PM   #1
ElkTwin

Review - Dunhill My Mixture 965, 2004

New from the bulk bin at the local tobacconist, this pouch of 965 has been the go to for the past couple of months while I got the tobacco cellar established and catalogued.

Earthy and musty but with a hint of semi-sweetness on the nose, the tobacco has a melange of colors in the bag. From dark umber to light golden in hue, the leaves are ribboned and tumbled together in a lovely blend. Slightly dry to the touch, a pinch sprang back perfectly when squeezed.

I loaded a knockabout Dunny group 2 with a goodly-sized tuft and repaired to the Adirondack on the front porch for a short respite from the chores. The flavor of the 965 was firm and balanced; an excellent example of a fine English blend. Deep and rich, the dark notes of the cavendish are highlighted by the delicious orientals and latakia. Smooth and nutty, this is a delightful but strong blend that I could smoke all day.

The small group 2 lasted almost an hour. I nursed it along while watching the cows graze in the gently waving grass and contemplated the chores of the weekend. It was very slow burning, but I noticed the latakia more when I puffed the bowl to a more fierce glow. At the end there was naught but a small clump of ash to tap from the bowl.

A look at the meager amount at the bottom of the pouch reminds me it's time to pick up another portion of this delightful blend.