Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
mherklots

New York Monday May 7.

Hey y'all. My annual birthday bash is this Monday May 7. Although not an official "herf" it certainly seems like one. Friends, customers, manufacturers and everyone in between will be in. Come celebrate and help a good cause as well!
Michael
-----
It's that time again for my annual birthday bash. This year it will be on Monday, May 7, 2007, at 7:00pm at the Carnegie Club located on 56th Street between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue. As always there will be plenty of fabulous cigars as well as raffle prizes throughout the night, thanks to several generous manufacturers.

First, let me thank everyone who came last year and supported the party. Last year was the first time I ran my birthday party as a fundraiser, raising money for the "Learning for Life fund" which helps fund and support the "School to Career" program at my alma mater Killingly High School in Danielson, CT.(www.killingly.k12.ct.us). It's an incredible program that gives kids an opportunity to go out in the field and have a "hands on" experience in a field that interests them. We raised a total of $3,000. That money alone helped fund:
3 "Career Pathway" field trips for 75 students
10 students to travel to Los Angeles to compete in a Video Technology Competition
10 students to attend the Homebuilders Association Trade Show in Orlando, FL
and several other important, high impact opportunities that in years past, have been impossible to participate in due to budget restrictions. It is truly a wonderful program, and directly influences and improves the lives of many young people who need this kind of extra support and guidance.

So this year, I'd like to continue this fundraising effort. My goal is to raise at least $5,000 this year for the "Learning for Life Fund". It would be the largest donation in the history of the program. All checks can be made payable to "KHS Learning for Life" and all donations are tax deductable.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to seeing you there!

Best,

Michael Herklots

General Manager
Davidoff of Geneva (CC) Inc
The Shops at Columbus Circle
10 Columbus Circle Suite 104A
New York, New York 10019
tel. +1.212.823.6383
mherklots@davidoffusa.com
mherklots is offline   Reply With Quote