Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2002, 09:47 PM   #1
brownman

pulled this box out of the back of my humidor, dated 12/99. Had already smoked 4 of them over the past year and a half, was dissapointed each time.

But i figured, as it had been almost 6 months since i last tried, that it was time to check again.

Pre-light aroma was excellent, more of the refined cuban aroma, than the original ammonia like smell.

The cigar lit easily and didnt have to be relit even once. It burned evenly and didnt get even the slightest bit bitter until maybe the last 1/2 inch.

I was pleasetly surprised by this cigar, i feel like they have really come around. Extremely complex flavors, that make your head spin. Each inch down brought slight variations of the strong coffee/cocoa flavors that the cigar exhibited throughout.
This box has more of that reddish color wrapper as opposed to the really dark brown wrapper that alot of the monte le's had. Im glad i didnt give up on these, as i did withe the RYJ's....i think they are only getting better.