Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
hawaiibill

Missed herf and apology to Jon Fia.

Hey guys, i finally had a chance to meet some of the great members from this forum. Jon Fia set up a herf in town (Honolulu). Its was today at a cigar friendly bar on the other side of the island. Its under an hour away and i always enjoy the drive.

Shortly before i was supposed to go i wrenched my back so badly i could not drive. My wife knowing how bad i wanted to go even offered to drive me there. Even that was to painful and i had to miss the whole thing. I called the place and left a message for him to call me but did not hear back yet. PM was sent also.

I know Jon Fia puts alot of effort to put these together and could not feel worse for not attending. So to Jon and others who made it i apologize profusely. I thank you very much for the offer. I just wanted you to know that it took something extreme to prevent me from going.

I would certainly be willing to do anything to make up for it. Perhaps i could put one together myself and pay to host it. I felt badly enough about this i thought a public apology was in order. I hope this did not offend you Jon. I have been welcomed with open arms here and did want to start off like this.

Take care and please let me know if there is anything i can do for you Jon. I owe owe ya one!
hawaiibill is offline   Reply With Quote