Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2002, 08:11 PM   #1
Trblmkr
Club Member

This is my first Cohiba (ISOM) Siglo #1 (May 01) so wasn't sure what to expect. I do know, that Cohiba's tend to be on the stronger, fuller bodied side.

Size: 40 x 4 inches Style: Petit Corona

So after a nice big meal, grabbed me some port and headed downstairs to chat on the pc and enjoy my smoke.

Pre-Light Observation : Has a nice caramel colored wrapper, no flaws, veins or dings in it. Felt a few hard spots about 1/4" from the foot but that was the only spot on it. Had the typical aroma that most ISOM's have (that I've smoked anyway)

Nice even cut (Xicar) no tears or snags. Pre-light draw was a bit hard. Not to hard to give one a headache, but not an easy one either. I'm learning this is the "typical" draw of ISOM's.

The Smoke : After taking my time to toast the foot of this smoke, I start to look forward to what's coming. Will it have some hints of coffee, honey, spiciness (sp).. I let it sit for a minute before taking my first puff. And it's a DOOZEY!!. Such taste to it, very bold, spicey, complex. I LIKE The ashe is a very dark grey and falls apart easily. Not a big deal, got my ashe tray right next to me. The ashe only holds for about 1/4" of an inch then it falls off on it's own. No touch ups needed on this little guy. Burns pretty even all the way down with just simple rotations to even it out. As it gets towards the middle it starts to mellow out some, but there is still alot of flavor to it, just not so "in your face"

So as I sit here and smoke this, getting a nice kick of nicotine, I am very greatful that I got a chance to smoke such a nice ISOM (Thanks Bill) and I'll look forward to smoking the other one later on in the year. If you get a chance to try one of these.. DO NOT HESITATE... also.. don't do it on an empty stomach.

Peace Dan
:P :P :P
"Also posted on CF"

"Life is too short to worry about little things..unless someone is stealing your Partagas shorts"
Trblmkr is offline   Reply With Quote