Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
bolivar

San Cristobal Elegancia Churchill

This is a new release from San Cristobal for 2011. This particular Churchill format is the classic 7x50 size found outside of Cuba (at least before the new trend of jawbreakers).

The wrapper is very light in color but extremely smooth. The wrapper is very thin so be careful that you don’t let it dry to your lips or it will begin to peel.

The draw was near perfect with copious amounts of smoke.

I didn’t need to do any touchups on this sample. The cigar remained lit even when I needed to go into the house for several minutes. Although the ash borders on flaky the ash held for miles. Ashing reveals a very slight cone shaped coal. The only complaint about the burn is that the burn rate was a little fast.

The initial strength shocked me because of how light the wrapper is on this stick. A very strong pepper hits the pallet which was a shocker at 10:30 am. It settled down quickly and remains on the lighter side of full throughout the rest of the smoke.

The flavor of white and black pepper remains through the entire smoke. Along with that come wood, nuts, orange and lemon peel along with a nice cream.

A pet peeve of mine is band removal. I believe these were self adhesive bands therefore they didn’t cause issues with tearing the wrapper.

This is a great smoke. I’ll definitely be returning to these again.
bolivar is offline   Reply With Quote