Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Devil's Weed Raleigh

Molina Devil’s Weed Raleigh

5 x 50 ring Parejo
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican
Origin: Dominican Republic
Factory: Don Leoncio, SA
Info: Molina Cigars

As with several of us, I received samples of this new vitola from CW BOTL and Molina Cigars Founder, Luis Molina. Luis, many thanks for this opportunity!

Pre-Light
This robusto sports a nicely textured Colorado Claro color wrapper with minor veining. Aside from a couple of small cosmetic blemishes the overall appearance was pleasing. The oils in the wrapper glistened subtly in the sunlight. The bunch was firm with a couple of soft spots. The cap was nicely done albeit a little on the rough side. Good construction overall. Appetizing aromas of wood and sweet fruit were noted.

The draw was just right for me with slight resistance. The flavor profile was woody with grassy notes and mild in character.

Smoking
This is a mild flavor cigar with mild to medium body. The flavor profile was woody with notes of bread through the first half. Subtle spicy notes were added in the second half and body kicking up solidly to the medium range. These transitions made for enjoyable complexity. The tasty, grassy finish was moderately short. No bite or harshness was detected at any point.

The draw and burn stayed perfect throughout. The firm ash was dark gray and medium coarse.

Summary
I found this Devil’s Weed to be a tasty, smooth and well balanced smoke. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially those who enjoy a milder cigar. Thanks again Luis!

Thanks for reading my review!

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote