Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
Maccabee

Pinar Del Riol-Capa Maduro

Over All rating: 86 (
This, as the name implies, is a maduro cigar, nice and dark. The label and and overall look of the cigar is wonderful. It is simple, not over the top, but that lovely dark maduro color, while the label is a simple black and grey. This is PDR's 1878 line and it is a joy to smoke. The condition of the cigar was perfect, no big veins or peeling. The feel of it was smooth, just a little give when pressed. The aroma was a nice sweet earthy tone. This creation has a pig tail and though it was just fine, i prefer to cut my cigars and it was a good cut. The cigar remains in tact with no unraveling, or a mouth full of cigar bits. I did have a hard time lightning it, and it is reflected in the rating. It burned evenly, just hard to get it lit. The draw started off tight, but loosen up as i smoked it. Which was great as i hate a tight cigar. Now, the retro was a bit harsh on me. Burned my nose a bit much and i did not enjoy the retro with this one. That said the over all flavor and taste was great. Full bodied, earthy tone all the way through. The ash, burn, and aroma was all top notch. PDR has yet to let me down with there cigars, that said i expected this to get a higher rating but after going though it it gets a B, good cigar and worth the try. I would buy it again any time.
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote