Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
Meadmaker

Padron 2000 Maduro

Padron 2000 Maduro
A Dark maduro wrapper with an ugly cap, looks like it was applied by a five year old. The cigar appears to be well constructed, with no lumps or soft spots. Prelight aroma, of leather and cedar. After a nice straight cut, using my cheap double blade cutter, I toast the foot, with my equally cheap triple torch. My first puff leaves me with the flavor of cream and cocoa. This cigar starts out rich, with bold flavors and a medium body. Rich chocolaty delight, this smoke is turning pleasantly sweet, with some light cinnamon notes. About a half inch in, the spice starts to pick up a little, and I notice a nice tingle on my tongue. At ¾” the spice is taking over the main stage, overpowering the chocolate flavors and replacing them with cinnamon, and pepper. At 1” the Black and Gray ash, is holding firm, and the spice appears to be gaining in strength. Ash is still holding strong a 1 ½” , flavors are still very rich, with nice spice. I tip the ash, at 2”, and the cigar has gotten really spicy, mainly black pepper, with hints of leather, and coffee. My whole mouth is tingling now, and I am really getting into this cigar. As the ash approaches the band, some of the earlier flavors return, bringing friends. Coffee, Chocolate, with a new berry flavor, replacing the cinnamon, that I can’t quite identify. This is a very nice smoke, with a burn that was razor sharp, from the foot to the nub. It is an amazing smoke, especially since it was on a UPS truck this morning. I give this smoke a 4.1 out of a possible 5, for a very nice, yet undeveloped flavor, and great construction. I look forward to smoking more of these, after some humi time. IMHO, this is the best cigar OTT, for the price.
Dave (A.K.A. Meadmaker)