Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
Meadmaker

La Gloria Cubana Tainos Habana OSU May01

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:59 am Post subject: La Gloria Cubana Tainos Habana OSU May01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Gloria Cubana Tainos Habana OSU May01
I really don’t like to review a Cuban cigar, when I know so little about it, regarding it’s age. I also don’t like to review a cigar, that I didn’t set out to review, as I don’t take notes, and therefore are much less in depth reviews. This cigar was received as part of the BOB bomb club. It has taken awhile for me to get around to smoking it, but this morning I clipped the cap, on this wounderfully well packed 7”X47 EMS wrapped cigar. Very well constructed with a beautiful triple cap. I toasted the foot, and lit the cigar producing a very large volume of smoke. It starts leathery, and tends to have a crem taste as well, and a hint of tartness, that I am yet to identify. The dominant flavors are of leather and cream, with note of almonds and a sleight tang of citrus. As this cigar progresses, the citrus flavor builds. It started out similar to an orange, and by the end of the cigar, it had a very tart citrus flavor, like that of a Cumquat. It was a wonderful 1 ½ hour of smoking pleasure, that left me with a pleasant aftertaste, and buzz, that lasted well over an hour after I regretfully laid the nub to rest. And yes I did burn my fingers.
The burn on this smoke was very straight, and never required any maintenance. I give this cigar a 4.5, on a 5 Point scale, for great flavor, and excellent construction. On the up side, I think I have found a new favorite, as this is my first Cuban LGC. On the down side, I don’t have anymore, as this one was a gift. But I know what my next purchase is going to be.
Dave (A.K.A. Meadmaker)
P.S. Sli38 says it was boxcode OSU May01