Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Castanza
Club Member

Green Beans

Time to order again, and I am wondering, has anyone found
anything outstanding from CBC as of recent?

If not CBC perhaps another vendor.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Well, I can tell you that my latest CBC order was for 5lbs each of the Ethiopian Organic Idido - Misty Valley and the Sumatra Lake Tawar Premium Lintong. Both are very difficult to come by, and the people I know who know coffee highly recommend them.
I'm eagerly awaiting delivery, and should have some personal insights in just a few days.

[EDIT: Order came today, already roasted a batch of the Misty Valley. Will post impressions tomorrow.]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
mshade
Club Member

Another good one from CBC is the Panama Boquette SHB - Carmen. It's been my go-to coffee for the past two months. I liked it so much, I ordered twenty pounds.
mshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I haven't ordered coffee in ages.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
mshade
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB
Not roasting much Tommy?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #6
ElkTwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
Well, I can tell you that my latest CBC order was for 5lbs each of the Ethiopian Organic Idido - Misty Valley and the Sumatra Lake Tawar Premium Lintong. Both are very difficult to come by, and the people I know who know coffee highly recommend them.
I'm eagerly awaiting delivery, and should have some personal insights in just a few days.

[EDIT: Order came today, already roasted a batch of the Misty Valley. Will post impressions tomorrow.]
Thanks for the pointer, Doug. 10# of each on the way.

Somebody ought to call Russ about a CW sponsorship...
Old 09-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
mshade
Club Member

Doug, the Sumatra Lake Tawar Premium Lintong is fantastic. A very bright coffee, with a full-bodied finish, a combination I love. Similar to the Iskandar, but with more complexity, I think. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
oedipus1
Club Member

Not that I would EVER shill for my employer (CBC) , but what I'm choosing to drink personally, and I have over 100 to choose from , are the coffees mentioned here, (the Idido, Lake Tawar and Panama Carmen), the Colombian Choco El Carmen del Atrata, El Salvador San Emilio, Colombian La Magnolia, Nic COE #5 Santa Isabel, PNG Kimel PB, Kenya Gakuyuini (both AA and peaberry) and the Sumatra Tarbarita peaberry, which are separtated peaberries from Lintong Blue Batak and Lake Tawar. Very usual to see a separated peaberry offering from Sumatra, especially from these two outstanding coffees.

oedipus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB
Not roasting much Tommy?
Been lazy, Mark. Getting up too late so just drinking the stuff at work, although I must say it is stout.
I roasted last night, though.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
Jmurman
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dawg

I'll second the Idio-Misty Valley. I have Lake Tawar Lintong in my cart, just waiting for another bean to strike my fancy before ordering.
Jmurman is offline   Reply With Quote