Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
eastwood44mag
Club Member

Ambrosia, or just a dream?

Just got back from sitting on the front step with my favorite pipe and a bowl of Nightcap (thanks tedski).

Gentlemen, that is the finest way to relax. All I was missing was a fine beverage, but seeing as how there was no cold beer, I had to make due. Unfortunately, the tobacco was a bit too wet, and so it refused to smoke past about the 1/2 mark

The richness of that wonderful blend rivals and perhaps dominates all but one other. While it did not have the intricate complexities of Schurch Mogano, there was full body, paired with an intoxicating aroma of campfire and a fruity sweetness (presumably from the perique). My first shock was the lack of bite. No harshness like the majority of bulk English blends that I have seen thus far. There was a slight tongue tingle, which only added to the enjoyment. As I spent probably half an hour enjoying this simple luxury, I became aware that I will have to buy a large quantity, and seal some away for years, to see the wonderful results from aging. I do wish that I had a comfortable chair and a pair of slippers, as this was an experience of pure unadulterated relaxation.

Course, I dropped my lighter and scuffed up the finish. Still pissed about that, but not much I can do about it.

Anyone who has never tried this needs to do so. You won't be disappointed.

4.8/5

"My cigars tend to attract the kind of women that b#*ch a lot" --N99
eastwood44mag is offline   Reply With Quote