Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
sevenmag
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Buffalo Trace fans.

I lifted this from the guys at bourbonenthusiast.com. It's news from Buffalo Trace. Thought you guys might be interested in it.

Quote:
Greetings!

It’s that time of year again and we’re ready to start bottling our Antique Collection. Over the past few months we’ve been carefully tasting and selecting our limited supply of aged barrels. A very difficult and painstaking job J. I’m sure you’ll be happy with our choices! Not to mention a little surprise….a forth edition to the collection.

Sazerac Rye 18 year

Distilled in October of 1985, these barrels are plenty old and contain some great rye whiskey. They’ve been aging in Warehouse K on the first floor. The first floor enables the barrels to age slowly and gracefully. This vintage has the same mature spicy taste as years past.

Eagle Rare 17 year

These barrels were distilled May of 1988. Since then they’ve been aging in Warehouses Q on the 4th floor in Rick #27. We didn’t have much last fall, so I’m sure you’re looking forward to some this year.

George T. Stagg

We discovered this year’s barrels of George T. Stagg in Warehouse I on floors 2, 4, and 8. They were distilled back in May 1990. The bourbon will be around 141 proof! A good bit higher than the last couple releases. This whiskey is classic George T. Stagg.

William Larue Weller - NEW

Welcome the newest edition to the Antique Collection - William Larue Weller. Named after the father of Wheated recipe bourbons, this whiskey is an uncut unfiltered Wheated recipe bourbon! The barrels were aged twelve years on the fifth floor of Warehouse Q and should be around 122 proof. At barrel strength you can really taste the wonderfully sweet and rich flavors of the Wheated recipe.
sevenmag is offline   Reply With Quote