Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #1
moob
Herf Meister

Montecristo CDA Belicoso 7 x 52

A member of the cigar lover's diary figurado selection. This stick had a ring on it with the image of the Eiffel Tower/Paris.

Excellent construction. Solid. Lovely EMS wrapper with a slight tooth. I cut this fine torpedo at an angle and gave it a prelight draw. Tasted like... tobacco! What do I know. I lit the foot and entered into a very creamy world. The draw was on a scale of 10 about a 7.5. A noticeable drag and not a fantastic amount of smoke - but okay. This is a great, mild cigar with a clean finish. The first half had a nutty flavor to it (and as I mentioned creamy smoke). The wrapper was slightly salty. Wrapped like a brick it was great to bite into. However, the second half left something to be desired.

I noticed the wrapper cracked about half way down. I thought it might have been me squeezing it. But towards the end I was puffing on it and watched the wrapper split spontaneously. As the cigar started to increase in strength it also began to taste more tarry. It did not develop flavors so much as it simply became stronger and magnifed the tar taste. I stopped smoking it with a good 2.5 to 3 " left to go.

The first half was great. Everything you'd want in a mild cigar. The second half was a dissapointment. Maybe it was just one bad stick.
moob is offline   Reply With Quote