Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #1
jaybo41
Club Member

Punch Rare Corojo

Punch Rare Corojo-Pita

Size: 6 1/8 x 50
Shape: Toro
Wrapper: Ecuador
Filler: Honduras
Binder: Honduras

The setting is a back patio, large round table with chairs in suburban North Pittsburgh on an absolutely beautiful Saturday evening. It's a perfect, non humid 76 degrees. At this time of the year, you can't ask for much better in this part of the country. Laptop and wireless internet is a beautiful thing. My beverage of choice is cold Yuengling lager.

The box pressed Toro had a beautifully caramel/toffee colored wrapper. The prelit aroma was earthy, but with a sweet spice like finish. My Xikar Xi performed as usual---straight, clean perfect cut. With a strike of the match I lit the cigar and began to get it going.

Immediately, I got hints of nutty caramel with creamy undertones. The "Pita" burned and after about an inch, the brilliant white ash was ready to drop. After moving into the 2nd half, I noticed a more spicy aftertaste underneath the caramel. Eventually,the caramel gave way to a more nutty, earthy, tosted coffee like experience. The sweet, spicy flavors kept picking up and continued throughout the cigar.

The cigar burned razor sharp without need for a single correction. I was treated to perfect draw, consistent sized ash and flawless burn along with the delicious flavors as described earlier. Smoked down to the nub.

I had read up on these over the past couple of days and decided to stop by my local B&M to give them a try. Like most of the other NC Punch I've smoked, this one didn't let me down. A few more of these will, without question, find their way in my humi. If you have the chance to try this one, I'd highly recommend it

Anyone else had the pleasure of roasting one of these? If so, I'd appreciate your thoughts.
jaybo41 is offline   Reply With Quote