Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
mrkmitch
Club Member

RyJ Cedros De Luxe No. 1: UPDATED

The first review was ROTT. So now after a minimum of 2 weeks rest I thought I'd offer a more in-depth review of this smoke.

Romeo y Julieta
Cedros De Luxe #1, coded PAR FEB 02
6 1/2" x 42, cedar wrapped

Medium brown wrapper, lightly veined
Feels slightly firm, didn't seem to affect the draw.
Pre-light nose was woody barnyard
Clip was square and clean, the cap held nicely.

Early:
Woody with nutmeg. There was also a hint of sweet-tart green apple apparent on the back of the tounge, a surprising find and enjoyable.

Middle:
Woody hues of flavor with some leather and mild cracked pepper crossing the tip of the tounge. The sweet-tart green apple has mellowed into hints of warm applesauce with nutmeg.

End:
Flavors have continued to develope through out the entire smoke. Here it's woody leather and cracked pepper with hints of sweet spices and vanilla bean. There is a slight headyness to the end of this smoke, though I would not consider this a strong cigar and attribute the headyness to smoking on an empty stomach.

The finish was long and satisfying. The entire experience was 50-55 minutes of smoking pleasure. I'd consider this a medium flavored, medium bodied cigar, producing light blue gray smopke and a light gray varigated ash that hung on well past 2" before I rolled it off into the ashtray. The burn on this one was same as the first, razor sharp requiring absolutely no touch-ups at all. A very satisfying smoke and recommended if you haven't had one.

This smoke was accompanied with a tall glass of ice tea and enjoyed on a very warm summer evening on my back porch. I found the tea a refreshing pallet cleanser as I enjoyed the various stages of this smoke.

Hope this was a better description than my first rip through the one ROTT. Still considered one of my better deals on a Habanos smoke, which I'm sure adds to it's appeal. Thanks for reading and....

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.....
mrkmitch is offline   Reply With Quote