Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2006, 04:17 AM   #1
Lions
Starting Member

Partagas Lusitanias

This is my first Review and I am glad to be doing it on such a great cigar .

Here it goes,IMHO

Cigar:Partagas Lusitanias
Size: 7 5/8 x 49
Shape: Double Corona
Wrapper: Light brown colored, smooth to touch and firm
Pre-Draw: very easy, and spicy

I cut it with my Colibri V-cutter, I toasted the foot , which had a sweet cedar smell, then I lit it with my Colibri Duece lighter, lit up very nicely and even.

The first draw was very spicy with a peppery note, I thought wow this is going to be a powerhouse, after the fist few draws the peppery taste mellowed and it became mild-medium, very smooth and creamy and left the palate feeling cool ( as in a hint of mint, more like spearmint)just a hint.
About 1 ½ in down it started having a nutty taste with some cedar notes and creamy still leaving the palate feeling cool.

I knocked the ash off at 2”. The ash was grey and black striped look, and firm.

Around 1/3 of the way down the nut and cedar notes became stronger with maybe a hint of sage, and creamy, still leaving the palate feeling cool.

The burn was perfect at this point.

At ½ way mark the spice and peppery taste returned, but mild the cigar did however turn a little more to the medium side never losing its cedar and nutty notes, still leaving the palate amazingly cool, and very creamy.

I knocked the ash off again at about 2 “.The ash was still grey and black striped look and firm.

Around 2/3 of the way down the peppery taste became a little stronger and the cigar became more medium-full tasting, still maintaining its nutty and cedar notes, leaving the palate cool almost refreshing, I would say.

I knocked the black and grey striped ash off again at about another 2” and it was still firm and burning perfect.

I smoked this Great smoke down to about ½ inch before I nubbed it out and it had become full flavored and peppery with about 1” left to go, never got hot. The Burn was perfect right to the end never once losing its straight line.

In my honest opinion this was one of the best cigars I have ever had and I hope that someday I will be able to enjoy another one!!!!

Thank You Joe for this awesome smoke Brother, it was truly and enjoyable experience.

Lions =^-.-^=
Lions is offline   Reply With Quote