Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
JoeyBogus
Club Member

AVO Domaine #9 (robusto)

This cigar had a smooth-textured medium-brown wrapper with medium veins and a slight earthy and herbal scent. A gentle squeeze revealed some resiliency to this very well-rolled cigar. It lit up easily and produced a medium-density medium-grey ash that held to about 1". I noted a slight cone that abated after the second ash drop. Typical excellent Davidoff construction was exhibited by a very refined draw and an even burn that required no corrections. Although advertised as "fuller-bodied" than the regular-line AVOs, I found this cigar to be relatively light in body and mild in strength with tastes that consisted of very subtle notes of caramel along with some exotic spicy tastes reminescent of orange peel, juniper, and coriander. This is truly a connoisseur's cigar, and I enjoyed it immensely. Given it's subtle spiciness, I think the next time I have one I'll pair it up with a Tanqueray Ten and tonic.