Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Smoking an LGC Md02 from'82

Found it at the bottom of "special cigars" humie and decided tonight was special. After all, it is a Tuesday and 78 degrees. Sounds special enough to me.
I love LCG's to begin with and being that they seem to be hard to find makes them more desirable IMO.
Pre-light nose is just outstanding. First 1/4 of the cigar is fabulous, with that distictive LCG profile which only improved with the decades of age.
Nice even burn with a tight ash.
I haven't enjoyed a cigar this much in a long time. The second 1/4 is developing more of that distinctive cuban "twang" which actually shrprises me for a cigar thos old. But the flavors just keep getting better and better. I have to keep reminding myself to slow down, but i am enjoying it so much that it is hard to put it down.
At the half way point it became somewhat flat, making me wonder how this would end up. But now at the 3/4 stage it has opened up with an entirely new flavor profile and it is amazing. The burn has started to get a little uneven, but no complaints.
Last quarter: new flavors are building in to the 3/3 profile. This cigar just keeps amazing me. Smooth as silk but full of depth and rich flavors. Never has burned hot or tannic and the burn is evening out. This cigar probably is only topped by a 1960 Dunhill I had several years ago. This is just truly an amazing, outstanding cigar.
I need to go buy a box of these lol

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote