Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
cbob

Spanish Brandy

It's too bad I caught a bad cold in Spain and was a bit off my plan of tasting great quantities of quality brandy.

The Corte Ingles supermercado in Madrid had such a great selection and great prices that I ended up doing all my buying for home there.

My choices were :
Torres 20 Años "Hors D'Age" Solera Gran Reserva @ €29.95

Conde de Osborne Solera Gran Reserva @ €24.55

Cardenal Cisneros Solera Reserva @ €7.95 !!

Thanks to Doug (Jazznut) and Nino (Flyingcigar) for the shopping tips.

I also got a chance to drink a selection of other brandies with my afternoon and evening puros, including :

Carlos I Solera Gran Reserva
Osbourne Magno Solera Reserva
Osbourne Veterano Solera Reserva

Most of these brandies were provided by happy colleagues (and Peter, the bartender) to whom I had given gifts of tasty Cuban cigars. The cost of brandy @ the bar was low enough that I ended up behind on cost of cigars but way ahead on good will and comradeship. Few bevies go as well with a fine Habano.
All in all a great brandy experience and one I'd like to repeat with clear nose and lung.

Commander Bob
And don't get me started about the JAMON!
cbob is offline   Reply With Quote