Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #1
jsnake
Starting Member

Review & Contest: Win a box of La Gloria Cubana Serie N

La Gloria Cubana Serie N JSB Review and Box Giveaway

Size: 5.5X54
Wrapper: Capa Oscura
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Factory: El Credito Cigar Factory
Price: $6.00

La Gloria Cubana Serie N first made an appearance at IPCPR in 2010 and appeared to me to be well received and highly regarded by those in attendance who smoked them. March 25th, 2011 was designated by Team La Gloria Cubana as Serie N Day which was the first ever national virtual cigar tasting. Director of Marketing Michael Giannini commented, “Serie N is a very unique cigar, both in taste and appearance, so we created an innovative event to capitalize on the buzz that’s been generated for the product within the digital media space. By including the retail community and in welcoming questions and comments from our existing consumers and those who may be enjoying the product for the first time, we will be able to ride the groundswell by capturing increased interest in the product.” Just in case you missed the event or have never had the opportunity to try this cigar I am bringing you my insight today on it. Team La Gloria Cubana was kind enough to supply the cigars for today's review.

Construction: I can't really pinpoint the first thing that stands out with this cigar because so many things catch your attention all at once. The wrapper is extremely dark and oily. This thing just glistens in the sunlight kind of like that dude from Twilight. Hey, don't give me a hard time my wife made me watch those movies. The thing I really like is the N attached to each cigar in a lighter shade of tobacco. This obviously takes a few extra minutes of time and attention to detail. Very cool. The band is the classic La Gloria Cubana band with a large N in the background and Serie N name on the bottom. There is a nice triple cap topping off the cigar. The overall look and feel of this cigar is lumpy and I only notice a few small veins. Even though it is lumpy this is one solid cigar with no soft spots. The tobaccos are rolled tightly and it is very apparent looking at the foot. The wrapper aroma is faint and grassy. At the foot I pick up a sweet grassy aroma. The prelight draw is sweet tobacco with a little raisin.

Read more and enter the contest here:
http://cigarcatadore.blogspot.com/20...eview-and.html
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote