Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
shund

Been thinking about it for a while now...

At my local cigar shop there is a small glass counter filled with pipes. Everytime I stop in to visit the humidor, I can't help but stare at them for a while before making my purchase. I always have to sniff the pipe tobacco too...there's just something about it.

As a kid, I was around several males who smoked pipes, most of whom I encountered at church. Every Sunday before the sermon I would pass by these gentlemen outside and the amazing and relaxing aroma of pipe smoke would fill my nostrils. To this day, I'll stop and inhale deeply through my nose any time I detect the presence of pipe smoke. It takes me back to simpler times...really puts me at ease.

So, here I am, still learning about cigars....but growing ever more curious about pipes. There's not a rule anywhere that says you can't be new to BOTH is there?

Well, true to form, with the thought of an initial purchase I'm overthinking and experiencing premature buyer's remorse. I want to make sure I get what I need to start out with a good experience. But I'm also concerned about pricing. I've seen some $500...even $900 pipes online, but I can't drop that kind of cash. I don't need any collector's-edition-numbered-hand-carved-by-Jesus-type pipe. I just want something to get my feet wet and introduce me pleasantly to the world of pipes.

Any suggestions?
Cohiba Habana?
Boli PC?
shund is offline   Reply With Quote