Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2014, 06:31 AM   #1
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Fried my Poppery....Literally!

Well after finally deciding to move up from the Poppery II to the original Poppery and acquiring a couple off of eBay,Poppery number one is officially history/toast/done/kaput/fried/no longer/worthless!

I was roasting a batch the other evening and wind was whirling around on the patio and depositing quite a bit of chaff on the patio. So I grab the broom and was sweeping it of into the grass. I had it setup at the edge of the patio and was using a heavy extension cord for this roast. I bumped and moved the cord with the broom and when I did I heard a pop, smelled smoke and the poppery quit!

After investigation I found a slice in the power cord just outside the case grommet kind of like if you were going to strip the wires back. It was just one slice that kind of created a flap over the wires. Unless the cord was bent in that one particular direction you would never notice it, which I evidently never did!

Anyway the two wires arced and the machine is done. It was even strong enough that it blew a small piece of plastic off of the base. I haven't tore into it yet to see what it looks like. I might do that today. I've got the second of the two that I bought rewired and ready for action. I did a close inspection on this one!!