Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
Hooko
Club Member

This cigar was a 6x50 box pressed, with six months resting time in my humidor.

Wrapper - Medium brown, with some large veins. Smelled nice and intense.
Construction - Solid no soft spots. Nice cap and cut nicely,
Taste - The draw was a little tight but not really bad. Started out with a cocoa and coffe. Medium strength. At the 1" mark this changed to a dark chocolate and coffe taste. It picked up more character and depth of taste at the 2" mark with light pepper thrown in. Picked up mild balsum also. This stayed for the rest of the cigar except the pepper became more pronouced the further I smoked.
Ask - Was medium gray and had those little white dotswhich someone told me was the oils in the wrapper burning.The ashed flaked a little at the 1" Markbut never fell off. I knocked the ash off at the 2" mark. Ash remained solid throughout.
Burn - Lit easily, with nice even burn. There was some uneven buring at the 2" mark, but it corrected itseld quickly.

Overall I's give this cigar a 7.5 because I'm noy a big pepper lover in my cigars. If the pepper was not there I'd give it an 8. I'd keep some of these around for a change of pace cigar, but only 2 in the humidor at a time. This cigar had a profile all it own, can't really compare to anyother cigar.
Hooko is offline   Reply With Quote