Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2006, 08:32 AM   #8
love_this
Club Member

In another life, I used to be an engineer.

Coffee roasters are really just a hair dryer. The heating element is chosen to do the job based on cost and heating characteristics. Heating elements do wear out. I think what Hearthware is really trying to avoid is someone trying using the machine for continuous semi-commercial use and burning out the motor or the heating element.

I have the original I-Roast. Most of the time, I roast a single batch every 2 to 3 days. Sometimes when I'm gifting to a friend, I will roast more. Just earlier this week, I did 7 batches in one day. What I do is set a timer for about 20 minutes between batches. I do something else between roasts.

I remember ferdelance was checking out the I-Roast and doing many back to back roasters with no problems. I have used my machine for about 2 to 5 roasts a week for about 14 or 15 months with no problems.

BTW, the earlier machines came with a warning to do no more than one roast a day!
love_this is offline   Reply With Quote